Splash Screen on the Linux Kernel BSP 6.2

My platform colibri-imx8x+iris2.0
I test your BSP 6.2

I try add splasch screen in kernel
I look at Splash Screen on the Linux Kernel | Toradex Developer Center

bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel

In menuconfig, go to: Device Drivers → Graphics support → Bootup logo → Select just “Custom 224-color Linux logo”.

In kernel don’t exists “Custom 224-color Linux logo” ( CONFIG_LOGO_CUSTOM_CLUT224 )

In BSP 5.x all works OK

How add Splash Screen on the Linux Kernel 6.2 ?

I rename logo_custom_clut224.ppm 800x480 to logo_linux_clut224.ppm
and test “Standard 224-color Linux logo” (CONFIG_LOGO_LINUX_CLUT224)
Result: it work on my platform :slight_smile:

Dear @Marius,

Thanks for sharing this issue with us. Also, glad to hear that you could get it working on your platform.

Regarding this: We are currently working on improving the documentation of the custom splash screen for BSP 6.2.

In the meantime, may I ask you to mark your answer as a solution for this topic (if it is solved)?

the solution is a bit imperfect:

(kernel messages on bottom screen)

for BSP 5.x was this solution (my thread too)

but on 6.2 this solution doesn’t work

perfect solution for me will be Splash screen on u-boot , I can’t do it, I don’t know anyone who can do that on imx8x

Dear @MariusM,

Sorry about the delayed reply.
I’ve been trying to reproduce this issue but was not really successful. Did you build the reference image from source or install our BSP 6.2 reference multimedia image from Toradex Easy Installer Feeds?

Hi @Marius,

I could finally reproduce the issue. I was able to disable/silence the kernel messages using the following command on u-boot:

setenv setup 'setenv setupargs console=${console},${baudrate} consoleblank=0 earlycon'

Could you please give it a try and let me know how that goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your message
I’ll check and let you know

I confirm ! We have it !

1 Like

Hello Marius,

Perfect! Glad that I could help :grinning: