[Qt5] How to add Qtgstreamer in qtcreator using yocto SDK

Hi,

I’m currently trying Qt5 developpment under qtcreator. I’ve followed your “How to” to set sdk with Yocto and succeed to cross compile and deploy on the target.

Next step is to add gstreamer in my application. Is there a recipe that provides Qt-gstreamer ? How to set qtcreator to link on this libs ? Hav you some examples or links to help me to achieve this step ?

Thanks, Vincent

@VincentB
You could use the qtgstreamer recipe attached in this post and extract to meta-qt5.

Add the qtgstreamer to your image recipe or local.conf.

Generate your sdk with:

bitbake your_image_recipe -c populate_sdk 

This Link could help you:
How to set up Qt Creator to cross compile for embedded Linux
link text

qtgstreamer recipe attached:
link text

Best Regards,

Caio Pereira

@caiortp I am not sure that there will be cross qmake in your SDK when it is generated with

@Stefano,

It may be my mistake, I have already installed 2 SDKs on my pc.

But bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5 must install the qmake.

find /opt/poky/1.8/ -name "qmake" /opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qt5/qmake /opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/armv7ahf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/src/debug/qtbase/5.4.1-r0/build/qmake

Using

bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5

you only build an SDK with the toolchain and the Qt cross tool, but without your other libraries and apps used in your image.

Probably the best solution as Christian Ege told me (just yesterday) in the Yocto mailing list is to add the following line in your_image_recipe.bb

inherit populate_sdk_qt5

and then run the

In this way you build an sdk for your image within the Qt cross tools.

Thanks @Stefano ! This advice is very interesting!

Using

bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5

you only build an SDK with the toolchain and the Qt cross tool, but without your other libraries and apps used in your image.

Probably the best solution as Christian Ege told me (just yesterday) in the Yocto mailing list is to add the following line in your_image_recipe.bb

inherit populate_sdk_qt5

and then run the

In this way you build an sdk for your image within the Qt cross tools.