Please disable silly Ctrl+F shortcut

Hi,

I may click search icon in community pages easily. I want regular Edge browser response pressing Ctrl+F. Community search perhaps is helpful as well, but it doesn’t show what I want to see. I don’t know how to use browser’s search, which is a must to have. Please disable this nasty Ctrl+F interception!

Edward

Hi @Edward,

we were not able to see the same behaviour in our tests. Nevertheless, we checked back with the Platform provider and they responded with the following statement.

“Ctrl-F triggers Discourse search only when there are more than 20 posts loaded in the topic. To switch to browser search, just press Ctrl-F twice”

Thank you for making us aware.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards
Kevin

Hi @kevin.tx ,

I saw in my “bell”-list someone edited this thread iMX7D 5.4.x kernel. Launching M4 FW using remoteproc - Technical Support - Toradex Community . Well, the magic was this completely unintuitive “20 posts” limit. Pressing Ctrl+F twice is of course acceptable, but this is completely unintuitive as well. Some hints could be provided in that custom search window, or still perhaps better to not intercept standard Ctrl+F at all. Pressing Ctrl+F twice could trigger special things, but not the opposite. Single Ctrl+F should be standard, Ctrl+F twice could be special. That’s my opinion.

Thank you very much for explanation!

Edward

Hi @Edward,

I have forwarded it to our team.
Thank you for your feedback. :+1:

Best Regards
Kevin