Offline Updates Device Count

Hello,

we are using Torizon OS (6.7.0) on a Verdin with Offline Updates enabled.
The pricing for Offline Updates is per device. But it is not necessary to provision the device to the online platform torizon.io, only the shared data is needed on the device: How to Use Secure Offline Updates with Torizon OS | Toradex Developer Center
Is there any way for me to know how many devices (from my pool of X devices I payed for Offline Updates) I have used already?

Best regards,
Erik

Hi, I’m the Toradex AI Assistant. The Toradex Support team will follow up with you shortly!

Did you like my answer?

:+1: :-1:

Hello Erik,

As of now, there isn’t a direct method to track the number of devices that have used Offline Updates solely through the Torizon Platform, especially since the devices do not need to be provisioned to the online platform for offline updates. The tracking of device usage for offline updates would typically be managed through your own internal processes.

However, you can consider the following approaches to keep track of the devices:

1. Manual Tracking: Maintain a log or database where you record each device that you have provisioned for offline updates. This can be done during the production programming or when you manually provision the devices.

2. Custom Scripts: Implement custom scripts that run on the devices to report back to a central server or log file whenever an offline update is performed. This would require some additional development on your part.

3. TorizonCore Builder Logs: If you are using TorizonCore Builder to create and distribute the Lockboxes, you can keep track of the Lockbox downloads and distributions. This can give you an indirect count of how many devices might be using the updates.

For a more integrated solution, you might want to reach out to Toradex support or your Toradex account manager to discuss potential features or services that could help with tracking device usage for offline updates.

Best regards,
[Your Name]

Please, also check if these links can help you solve your problem:

Build custom Torizon OS with and without containers.

Hi @erik.weber

The information from @ToradexAI is mostly correct.

For billing information, it’s better to contact the sales team directly.
I have forwarded your message to them.

Hello @allan.tx

thank you for the information.

Best Regards,
Erik