MIPI-DSI connector Pinouts

Hi Toradex/community,

The MIPI/DSI connector pinouts on the mallow-carrier board seem different from most of the off-shelf LCD panels. I was just wondering if you have any supplier/Partner that uses similar pinouts on their displays.

thanks,
faiz.

Hello @faiz,

Sorry for the delay in answering!

To clarify, there isn’t an industry-standard pinout for DSI Displays. We work actively with our partner Riverdi to have such compatibility. The MIPI DSI Connector on Mallow and on Verdin DSI Display Adapter (coming soon) will be compatible with a series of DSI Displays we are working on with our Partner Riverdi. We expect these DSI Displays to be available before EOY. Does that answer your question?

Thanks Rudhi,

Hi Rudhi,

I’m designing an interface board to connect Mallow with RVT070 DSI Riverdi Display.

What is the status of the product collaboration with Riverdi please ?

Should I wait for it or continu to design my own interface hardware ?

Thank you

Hello @FloSolio,

Thanks for the question.

Unfortunately, there has been a slight delay in the rollout of the Verdin DSI display adapter. According to the current timeline, this product should be available at the end of Q1 2024.

Should I wait for it or continu to design my own interface hardware ?

I can only say that this highly depends on the timeline of your product. If you are in an urgent need, you might even want to go with designing your own hardware.

OK i think i will continue with my hardware :slight_smile: .

I have created a new topic for spefic question ( Mallow DSI interface Board) .

Thank you Rudhi !

Hi Rudhi,

any news on availability of these displays?

BR,
Diego

Hi @d.moimas ,

Based on our current timeline the Capacitive Touch Display 10.1’’ DSI should be available to purchase in our webshop by Q1 2024.

Best regards,
Lucas Akira