Mallow DSI interface Board

Hi,

I’m new with Toradex Mallow carrier Board + AM62 sbc.
I’m designing a product bsed on this carrier board that required to connect with a Riverdi RVT070 HSMNWC00-B Display through DSI interface.

For this purpose, i’m designing an interface board that will connect on X4 of the carrier board.

Concerning differential pair, no problem.

Concerning Touch i2c panel and control GPIO, I have placed between lcd and X4 a level shifter to adapt the 1.8V from Mallow.

Questions:
But i have some doubt about the connexion of GPIO dsi 9 and 10 .
Can you give more details about GPIO 9 and 10 please ?

GPIO_9 is declared as an output of the am62.
Does GPIO_9 need to be connected to the STAND BY pin of the LCD (stdby pin as declared as an input of the LCD) ?

GPIO_10 is declared as an input of the am62. It required an external pull up on the display, but is just to know that X4 cable is connected to a display? Is it a kind of “detecting screen” feature to enable the DSI control ?

X4 (1.8V) Riverdi LCD (3.3V)
DSI_reset ↔ 1.8 to 3.3V ↔ Reset
GPIO10 ↔ 1.8 to 3.3V ↔ STANDBY ?
GPIO9 ↔ 1.8 to 3.3V ↔ NOT USED ?
I2C_DSI_SCL ↔ 1.8 to 3.3V ↔ I2C_DSI_SCL_3v3
I2C_DSI_SDA ↔ 1.8 to 3.3V ↔ I2C_DSI_SDA_3v3

Concerning brightness control, i wonder why the pin is mentionned as an “input” ? Do we agree that this pin is an output that should be connected to a PWM brightness control circuit like DIO5661ST6 for example ?

Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile:

Hello @FloSolio ,

Would it be possible for you to share with us the data sheet of this display, as well as the schematics of that interface board?
You can send them to share.toradex.com and send us the generated link to support.eu@toradex.com, mentioning your ticket number

Regarding your questions about GPIO_9 , GPIO_10 and PWM_3_DSI, I have asked internally, and I will update this thread when I have new information.

Best regards,
Josep

Thanks you very much Josep for the fast reply.

It is important because this parts is the last one to finish before to produce the pcb.

No problem I will send all the infomations needed.

Have a nice day