How to enable kernel splash screen from Yocto build?

I have followed this Toradex tutorial and successfully displayed a custom splash screen during kernel boot. However, in order to perform this I had to manually give the following commands:

fw_setenv vidargs 'video=mxsfb:800x480M-16@60,pixclockpol=1'
fw_setenv setup 'setenv setupargs asix_mac=${ethaddr} no_console_suspend=1 vt.global_cursor_default=0 console=ttyS0,${baudrate}n8 debug_uartport=lsport,0 ${memargs}'

How can I integrate these commands in the Yocto build so I can avoid the manual configuration of each module flashed with my Linux image?

Hello @CristianM ,

The very same has a segment on how to integrate this image into the Kernel sources to have your own custom kernel. I guess that is what you are looking for: Splash Screen on the Linux Kernel | Toradex Developer Center

Best Regards,
Janani

Hi! I have followed this article entirely and it worked. However, the segment you indicated involves manually copying the file and issuing commands. I want to avoid the latter because it would require a manual configuration for each new module flashed with my image. I would like the file copying and U-boot configuration to be performed when building the image in Yocto, but I don’t know how to do this.

Hello @CristianM ,

If you need to use Splash screen with Yocto psplash is the easiest way to go about it. Here is an article that I found online that explains the steps: Replace default splash screen in Yocto

Alternatively, here is another thread that could also be useful: Add custom splash screen image in Yocto (the best way) - Stack Overflow

Best Regards,
Janani

Thank you.

You are welcome.

Hello @jaski.tx

When we followed the steps mentioned here it worked fine for us with kernel 4.1.x, but when we upgraded kernel 4.14.x. We are not able to get the splash for kernel?
Carrier board: colibri imx6

Kindly guide us

Hi
Your question will be answered here.

Best regards,
Jaski