How do I change SPI basic parameters?

I’m currently working with the CoM Colibri IMX6DL using Aster V1.1 carrier board and I need to know how to change SPI basic parameters, like chip select, clock polarity and clock phase (SPI mode), the endianess, data size, enable or disable CRC calculation?

I’m currently configuring my board applyng a device tree overlay made by myself based on a part of the .dts standard imx6dl-colibri-eval-v3.dts, as I show bellow:

/* Colibri SSP */
&ecspi4 {
	status = "okay";

mcp251x0: mcp251x@0 {
		status = "disabled";
	};

spidev0: spidev@0 {
		compatible = "toradex,evalspi";
		reg = <0>;
		spi-max-frequency = <1000000>;
		status = "okay";
	};
};

And then I deploy on the board using the comand

$ torizoncore-builder dto deploy --remote-host <my-ip> --remote-username torizon --remote-password <my-pass> --force --reboot device-trees/overlays/colibri-imx6dl-spi-hvex.dts

I already got that change spi-max-frequency parameter the clock changes. But when i try to use CS1 instead CS0 making the configs as explained in this question the clock frequency returns to 23MHZ and the CS0 still being used.

Can I please have a response to this question?

Hi @LincolnWallace,

Were you able to change to CS1 without changing the other parameters? It should work as explained in the question you mentioned.

Normally, you can configure some parameters on the userspace side, please check this example as a reference.

Best regards,
Daniel Morais