cppQML IDE project fails deployment to verdin imx8mp

CppQML IDE project fails deployment to verdin imx8mp

I created new Torizon project with C++&Qt template using VsCode extension.
Ubuntu 22.04 development host(192.168.10.1) connected to internet on wireless network.
Verdin imx8mplus running torizoncore 6.4.0 codebase is connected as 192.168.10.2 through local ethernet LAN.
During deployment from IDE Run/Debug configuration, following error log shows up.
Terminal Error Log:

cppqtapp07-debug Pulling
cppqtapp07-debug Pulled

• Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

• Executing task: DOCKER_HOST=192.168.10.2:2375 LOCAL_REGISTRY=192.168.10.1 TAG=arm64 GPU=-vivante docker-compose -p torizon up -d cppqtapp07-debug

WARNING: The DOCKER_LOGIN variable is not set. Defaulting to a blank string.
Creating network “torizon_default” with the default driver
Pulling weston (torizon/weston-vivante:3)…
ERROR: Get “https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/”: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on 1.0.0.1:53: dial udp 1.0.0.1:53: connect: network is unreachable

• The terminal process “/usr/bin/bash ‘-c’, ‘DOCKER_HOST=192.168.10.2:2375 LOCAL_REGISTRY=192.168.10.1 TAG=arm64 GPU=-vivante docker-compose -p torizon up -d cppqtapp07-debug’” terminated with exit code: 1.
  • Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

Board is not connected to internet, but I could run my other python+docker console image without any issues. Only CppQML project is failing in the deployment phase. Docker local registry is running in the ubuntu host - 192.168.10.1 itself. Is this a configuration issue or any specific reason for CppQML project connecting to registry-1.docker.io?

Greetings @OJeyachandran,

Board is not connected to internet

This would be the core issue here.

I could run my other python+docker console image without any issues. Only CppQML project is failing in the deployment phase.

The difference is that the CppQML template requires an additional supplementary container image alongside your application container image. If you see in the logs you posted you’ll see that the device is trying to pull this container image from the internet:

Pulling weston (torizon/weston-vivante:3)…

This is the supplementary container image for this project. Since your device is not internet connected this container image can’t be pulled and the deploy process fails.

Best Regards,
Jeremias