Application stops showing when HDMI hotplug on Yavia DSI to HDMI port

Hey,

I have two Qt applications running on separate HDMI displays on Yavia carrier board with Verdin iMX8M Plus. We have a requirement where we externally turn on and off HDMI displays. When that happens, the Native HDMI port displays the application again but the display on DSI to HDMI port stops showing the app.

Can anyone please help with this ? Your support is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Verdin iMX8M Plus Quad 4GB Wi-Fi / Bluetooth IT V1.1A
Yavia Carrier Board V1.0A
TorizonCore 6.4.0+build.5 (kirkstone)

Hi @imeshsps , basing on your previous ticket, I assume two Qt applications are displayed on two HDMI monitors with different resolutions.

we externally turn on and off HDMI displays

do you mean turning both HDMI monitors’ power supplies off and on simultaneously? Or keep the native HDMI port’s monitor always on meanwhile turn DSI to HDMI adapter’s monitor off and on?

Hey @benjamin.tx ,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, the two Qt applications are displayed on two HDMI monitors with different resolutions.

We are turning off both screens on and off at the same time. The monitor connected to the native HDMI port works OK after turning ON but the application displayed on the monitor connected to DSI to HDMI adapter does not come back.

Hi @imeshsps , please force both HDMI connectors always on before switching minitors’ power supplies.

echo on > /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/status
echo on > /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-2/status
1 Like

I was able to fix it by adding video=HDMI-A-1:1280x800@60e in custom kernel arguments.