Running seperate applications on Yavia HDMI interfaces

Hey,
I’m trying to run two separate Qt applications on HDMI interfaces of Yavia carrier board with Verdin iMX8M Plus SoM. I have two HDMI screens running and can run both Qt applications individually. Following this, my weston.ini file is edited as below.

[core]
idle-time=0
require-input=false
xwayland=true
modules=screen-share.so
shell=kiosk-shell.so

[shell]
background-image=
background-color=0x00000000
panel-position=none
locking=false
allow-zap=false
num-workspaces=1

[keyboard]
vt-switching=false

[output]
name=HDMI-A-2
app-ids=app1
mode=1920x720

[output]
name=HDMI-A-1
app-ids=app2
mode=1280x800

This file is mounted while running the container as follows.

docker run -e ACCEPT_FSL_EULA=1 -d --rm --name=weston --net=host --cap-add CAP_SYS_TTY_CONFIG -v /dev:/dev -v /tmp:/tmp -v /run/udev/:/run/udev/ -v /home/torizon/wetson:/etc/xdg/weston-dev --device-cgroup-rule=‘c 4:* rmw’ --device-cgroup-rule=‘c 13:* rmw’ --device-cgroup-rule=‘c 199:* rmw’ --device-cgroup-rule=‘c 226:* rmw’ imeshsps/weston-vivante:3 --developer --tty=/dev/tty7

But when I try to launch 2 Qt applications on separate torizon/qt5-wayland-examples-vivante:3 containers, the applications are launching on same screen on top of each other. My requirement is to run both applications full screen on two displays which has connected to HDMI interfaces.

Can you please help with this? Your support is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Verdin iMX8M Plus Quad 4GB Wi-Fi / Bluetooth IT V1.1A
Yavia Carrier Board V1.0A
TorizonCore 6.4.0+build.5 (kirkstone)

Hi @imeshsps ,

I see that in your docker run command you bind mount /home/torizon/wetson/ to /etc/xdg/weston-dev/.

Just to be sure, is this the correct name of the directory where your weston.ini is located? If the source path doesn’t exist then Docker will create the directories if I recall correctly.

Best regards,
Lucas Akira

Hey @lucas_a.tx ,

Thanks for your response.

Just to be sure, is this the correct name of the directory where your weston.ini is located? If the source path doesn’t exist then Docker will create the directories if I recall correctly.

Yes, I can see the edited weston.ini file from inside the docker and I tested that mode=off worked for each display.

Are there any other configurations that are needed?

As I described earlier, when I launch two programs, both are running on the same display on top of each other.

Hi @imeshsps ,

I believe the configs in your weston.ini should be enough. Are you sure the app-ids for both apps are correct?

You tested this on Torizon OS 6.4.0 with weston-vivante:3 and qt5-wayland-examples-vivante:3.

Can you test this on Torizon OS 5.7.2 with weston-vivante:2 and qt5-wayland-examples-vivante:2 to see if this happens there as well?

Best regards,
Lucas Akira

Hey,

The problem was with the Qt application side.

viewer.setScreen(qApp->screens()[1]);

Seems like this line caused to rendering of one application on the same interface regardless of the weston.ini configuration. By commenting this, I was able to get the expected behavior.

Thanks for your support and time.

Hi @imeshsps ,

Glad you managed to solve the problem!

Best regards,
Lucas Akira