Yocto: do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL / do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Unable to find file

Hello,

I am trying to build my own image with yocto, based on your reference minimal image (“tdx-xwayland-rt”).
I created an additional layer with a custom device tree and a custom kernel config.

this is the bbappend file:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x:${THISDIR}/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x/mx8"

SRC_URI_append_mx8 = " \
          file://dts/freescale/test-toradex.dts;subdir=git/arch/arm64/boot \
          file://dts/freescale/test-toradex.dtsi;subdir=git/arch/arm64/boot \
          file://test_defconfig \
    "

KERNEL_DEVICETREE_append_mx8 = " \
    freescale/test-toradex.dtb \
    "

However as soon as I add this layer to the bblayers.conf bitbake does not build this test image nor the reference minimal Image. But throws errors:

WARNING: XXX/yocto/build/../layers/meta-toradex-nxp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x.bb: Unable to get checksum for linux-toradex SRC_URI entry preempt-rt.scc: file could not be found
WARNING: XXX/yocto/build/../layers/meta-toradex-nxp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x.bb: Unable to get checksum for linux-toradex SRC_URI entry preempt-rt-less-latency.scc: file could not be found

WARNING: linux-toradex-5.4.91+gitAUTOINC+c59b3c2da1-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL file://preempt-rt.scc, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: linux-toradex-5.4.91+gitAUTOINC+c59b3c2da1-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Unable to find file file://preempt-rt.scc anywhere. The paths that were searched were:

The preemt-rt.scc exists in these folders. When I remove my layer from the bblayers.conf I can build the reference minimal image with tdx-xwayland-rt. Any Idea what is wrong?

Best regards, Flo

Hi @Flo,

If that is not a problem, can you share with me the file tree of your layer?

I believe that it may be a problem on how you are referencing your bbappend through FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend.

Best regards,
André Curvello.

Hi @andrecurvello.tx ,

thank you, this is my file tree:

./
 ./COPYING.MIT
 ./README
 ./conf
 ./conf/layer.conf
 ./recipes-kernel
 ./recipes-kernel/linux
 ./recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x.bbappend
 ./recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x
 ./recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x/dts
 ./recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x/dts/freescale
 ./recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x/dts/freescale/test-toradex.dts
 ./recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x/dts/freescale/test-toradex.dtsi
 ./recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x/mx8
 ./recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x/mx8/test_defconfig.old
 ./recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x/mx8/test_defconfig
 ./recipes-core
 ./recipes-core/images
 ./recipes-core/images/test-toradex.bb

Best regards, Flo

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := “${THISDIR}/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x:${THISDIR}/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x/mx8”

You are missing the terminal colon above which then later mangles your second path with our path where those scc files should be found. It should look as follows instead:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x:${THISDIR}/linux-toradex_5.4-2.3.x/mx8:"

Thank you,

now it works, but I have the warning

defconfig was supplied both via KBUILD_DEFCONFIG and SRC_URI. Dropping SRC_URI defconfig

and my kernel config is omitted. You alreadey have my bbappend file and my file tree. Any Ideas?

Hi

Likely in your bbappend file this helps:

KBUILD_DEFCONFIG_${MACHINE} ?= ""

Max

Thank you, this is the solution.

You are welcome. Thanks for the feedback.