Write own os into eMMC issue

Hello,

I’ve been working on getting my own os to boot from eMMC on this board although I can only get it to boot from a sdcard successfully. I’m currently doing this through uboot. The reason I can’t get this to boot is that it seems that uboot does not support writing to eMMC anymore ? I’m assuming this because I don’t believe I am doing anything wrong yet as I’m following the instructions from the imx6 site and I’ve worked a bit with uboot before.

So my main question is… should this work? If not is there a how to on building a new uboot with the options required to write the emmc and get uboot written to the emmc location. Should I be doing this differently.

Thank you…
Regards,

Mark

Could you please specify your U_Boot version and what exactly you did and what command you were using ?

Sure… sorry I’ll run through things again and show you exactly what I’m seeing. For now this is the uboot version.

U-Boot 2016.11-2.8.6+g83a53c1c0c (Apr 01 2019 - 13:13:11 +0000)

CPU: Freescale i.MX7D rev1.2 996 MHz (running at 792 MHz)
CPU: Extended Commercial temperature grade (-20C to 105C) at 25C
Reset cause: POR
DRAM: 1 GiB
PMIC: RN5T567 LSIVER=0x01 OTPVER=0x0d
MMC: FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1
Video: 640x480x18
In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
Model: Toradex Colibri iMX7 Dual 1GB (eMMC) V1.1A, Serial# 02997125
Net: FEC0
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
Colibri iMX7 #

That version supports writing to eMMC. So what exactly commands did you use to store your OS to eMMC and how you find out that it was not stored?