Wince touch driver conflict

Hello,

I am currently working on a touchscreen migration on a custom board using the Apalis IMX6 and WinCE 2013. I use the build 6270 of WinCE. The device I am working on runs a graphical application displaying informations comming from a FPGA.

I made a custom driver using your indications in these articles:

I first didn’t succedded to communicate with the driver. The message “No unified touch driver” appeared.

Then I followed the instructions from this topic:

Once I downloaded and installed the furnished registry, my touchscreen worked properly but it was no more possible to communicate with my FPGA, as if the FPGA driver was no more loaded. (I kept my registry value [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn] “Dll”=“BusEnum2.dll” as it was given as a workaround and not the final fix)

I found that when the registery key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Touch] exists, my FPGA application works but not my touchscreen. If I delete it, it my touchscreen works but my FPGA application don’t work anymore.

Is it a known behaviour?

Best regards
Romain FONCK

Sorry, but I am a bit confused. Do I understand you correctly - when you delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Touch, your touch driver starts working, but the FPGA driver does not get loaded? Could you please export your HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Touch (using regedit) and share it here? Also, please provide more details about your FPGA driver and share all the registry settings related to it.

Does everything work correctly if you set
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn]
“Dll”=“BusEnum.dll”?

hello,

you can find attached an export of the keys under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers].

sav.reg (112.7 KB)

I made a mistake. I wrote HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Touch instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Touch.

We noticed that setting
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn]
“Dll”=“BusEnum.dll”
don’t solve the issue.
Even before installing the touch driver, changing BusEnum2.dll to BusEnum.dll prevent our application to launch.

We have the feeling that the driver loading order have an impact on the application launching but we can’t explain why a synchronous loading of the drivers don’t solve the issue. Have you any idea?

Best regads,
Romain FONCK

Ok, however I want to ensure I’ve understood you correctly. Could you confirm that when the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Touch exists, your FPGA driver loads correctly but the touch functionality doesn’t work? Conversely, when you remove this registry key, does the touch function start working while the FPGA driver becomes unresponsive? Additionally, please provide more details about your FPGA driver and specify all the registry settings related to it.

Hello,

sorry for my late reply but I finnaly found one solution by modifying the drivers loading order (including the I2C interface driver) and disabling the RTC service.

Best regards,
Romain FONCK