Where can I find GPU SDK for i.MX8?

Hi, I would like to use OpenCL with i.MX8QM and I could not find the libraries and compiler for Vivante GC7000/XSVX GPGPU.
My kernel version is 4.14.170 and I am using Debian 9 for Arm64.

Please find any such directly in NXP’s download area:

Please further note that there is no such thing as Apalis 1.0 and Apalis iMX8 V1.0A are now obsolete early access prototypes and V1.0B early access samples may have limited support.

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your response.
Sorry, I did not check correctly the Apalis version, because I need to unmount the heat-sink. The correct version is Apalis V1.0B IMX8QM 4GB WB.
From the NXP link which file I need to download?
And which files I need to copy to my Root FS?
I have found on page 165 of the i.MX Reference Manual a list of files required for the OpenCL, but it is missing an explanation of how to install it.

Regards,
Gabriel

Hi Marcel,

Ok, I have download L4.14.98_2.0.0_ga_images_MX8QMMEK.zip and unzip it on an NFS directory.
I have unzipped fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8qmmek.tar.bz2 on an NFS folder.
I booted the kernel 4.14.170 via TFTP and pointed NFS folder with the fs-image-…l RootFS.
Then, I could run all examples on the /opt/imx-gpu-sdk/OpenCL/ folder without any problem.
Now, I need to figure out which files are needed.

Regards,
Gabriel

Sorry, I did not check correctly the Apalis version, because I need to unmount the heat-sink.

No, you don’t. You could just as well look at the U-Boot output which would even tell you that. Anyway.

The correct version is Apalis V1.0B IMX8QM 4GB WB. From the NXP link which file I need to download? And which files I need to copy to my Root FS? I have found on page 165 of the i.MX Reference Manual a list of files required for the OpenCL, but it is missing an explanation of how to install it.

Good question, however, I do not know which exact i.MX reference manual you are now referring to. Maybe it would help if you would state very clearly what exactly you are looking for. Thanks!