When will the iMX8 become a volume product

Hi,
Due to the discontinuation of the TK1 module we are planning to move to the new iMX8 module. However those modules are still in sample state. Same applies for the BSP support. Because of our experiences with the TK1 (which was in sample state for years) we are not willing to use sample products. So please let me ask again, when will the iMX8 become an official volume product with a LTS BSP?
BR

Greetings @qojote

Please see the roadmap for the Apalis i.MX8 on our main website here: NXP i.MX 8QM Computer on Module - Apalis iMX8

This shows a rough timeline of when we plan to have each module in a certain state. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi @jeremias.tx,
How reliable is that roadmap? I am pretty sure that i have asked the same question a year ago and at that point the roadmap said Q4’22 for volume production. We would need to start the development soon.
BR

The timeline on the website is more or less the timeline we use internally as we know it at the current time. Of course things can change especially with how turbulent the silicon market has been in the past few years.

Perhaps if you still have some doubts or concerns I can put you in contact with someone where we can further discuss your timeline and ours.

Best Regards,
Jeremias