When GUI programs are debugged using QT Creator, a dialogue box is opened that shows an error message which includes signal name: SIGILL

I have bulid the linux image and the qt creator is installed as specified in the website “How to set up Qt Creator to cross compile for embedded Linux | Toradex Developer Center”. But while debugging any GUI programs an error message is opened in a dialogue box is opened that is shown in the attachment containing an error signal SIGILL. Can you please go through the attachment and provide a solution.

This has to do with OpenSSL trying to runtime detect the ARM architected timer. The solution is to let the debugger ignore the SIGILL signal. Add the following in Options/Debugger, GDB tab, ‘Additional Startup Commands’?

handle SIGILL nostop noprint ignore

But this only prevents the SIGILL dialogue box. The debugging is again failed with the same application output. While running normal command prompt programs there is no such debugging problems but only in GUI programs the debugging is failed.

Hi Sreemadhav

Can you state please, which linux software and bsp version are you using?

While running normal command prompt programs there is no such debugging problems but only in GUI programs the debugging is failed.

Which GUI Program are using for the debugging? Is your application running without debugging?

Best regards

Jaski

Hi jaski.tx

I’m using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. The basic GUI Program in the qt creator itself is used as an example. The program builds successfully but it fails to debug.alt text

Hi Sreemadhav

You gave the information about your host. I was asking about the target (toradex module).

So I need the following information:

Hw: Colibri VF61 ??

BSp: BSP???

Software: Which OpenEmbedded Version?? Especially Kernel Version??

Qt Software: Which Version?

Thanks and best regards, Jaski

Hw: Colibri VF61 V1.2A

I used this site to build the image:
repo init -u Index of /toradex-bsp-platform.git -b LinuxImageV2.7

Qt: Qt Creator 4.1.0
Based on Qt 5.6.1 (GCC 5.4.0 20160609, 64 bit)

The debugger should really not stop at the same location as this configures the debugger to not handle SIGILL. Are you sure it is 100% the same location?