What Torizon Updates can do?

Hello Toradex Community,

I am sorry if my topic is not in the right category.
I have questions concerning the Torizon Updates features, questions that I would like to share with you guys.
I am testing the Updates features, Offline and Online.
Correct me if I am wrong. Currently, we can updates Images and docker compose files. Is there a way to configure the device files through the update feature ?
For example I want to add/modify configuration files on my Toradex device. Is there a way to add or modify those files through the Torizon update feature ?

Thank you for your help,

Muzzy

Greetings @Muzzy,

For example I want to add/modify configuration files on my Toradex device. Is there a way to add or modify those files through the Torizon update feature ?

Well when you do an OS update that is essentially updating the filesystem itself. Therefore this can be used to update configuration files as well. Or, are you looking for something more granular?

We do have a feature called “subsystem updates” that can do more granular type updates if you don’t want to do an OS update to update your configuration files. Though this feature is still in an early access state, but if you’re interested I could see if we can share something here.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi @jeremias.tx,

Thank you for your answer.
I am sorry but what do you mean exactly by more “granular” ?
I want to know if there is a way to modify files that are not in the range of the OS updates (any host files).

Regards,

Muzzy

I am sorry but what do you mean exactly by more “granular” ?

Well in the sense that a subsystem update can be configured to only update specifically what you want. Like a single file or a set of files. While an OS update will target the entire filesystem. That’s what I meant by more granular.

I want to know if there is a way to modify files that are not in the range of the OS updates (any host files).

What kind of files are you trying to update that wouldn’t be in “range” of an OS update?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hello @jeremias.tx

I’ll probably need this kind of solution.

Don’t have any examples here but the solution your talking about is probably what I want.
It will be great to learn more about that features if possible.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Muzzy

Our sales team should be in contact with you regarding this and will follow up with you separately.

Best Regards,
Jeremias