What is the functionality of Rx Tx LEDs used for CAN module on apalis eval board

Hello,

I am trying to send Tx frames from PCAN viewer to CAN module on apalis eval board (imx 8). After sending frames, I see the Rx led ON for that particular can channel, but not able to actually receive data on imx side (bus.receive)
Also when I run " cansend can0 123#DEADBEEF " , I see both Tx and Rx leds on for that particular can channel. Is there any detail functionality of LEDS of CAN module like ON/Off : bus awake/bus sleep, start receive, start transmit etc
Please advise.

Thanks,
Shardul

I could not find description about different resistors ,caapacitors(or components) available on the apalis eval board in the data sheet. Is there any other doc am I missing?

Thanks.

Hi @ShardulC

Welcome to Toradex community.

Could you provide some more information like what exactly you’re looking for? If your looking for Apalis eval board BOM and schematic designs, please refer to reference designs article.

Hello @ashok.tx thanks for the help. Actually the issue was different than I expected. It was relating to adding of termination resistor for proper fucntioning of CAN (The leds I referred to in the question were part of that functioning). Now the issue is resolved from my side.

Thanks,
Shardul

Hi @ShardulC

Glad it worked.
Thanks for the update.