Weston Vivante Docker container IMX packages

Technical Support queries

We’re wondering where are these tools are being pulled for Weston Vivante container.

" imx-gpu-viv-wayland
libg2d-dpu
libg2d-viv
"

It seems neither Debian nor Ubuntu has these packages in their up stream package repos. So How does Toradex is adding them?

We are working on customizing this container and wanted use alpine/ubuntu as base and we are unable to get these packages.

Greetings @dpatel,

Those packages come from a Toradex provided feed as seen here in our base Dockerfile that all our containers are derived from: debian-docker-images/Dockerfile at bullseye · toradex/debian-docker-images · GitHub

These packages deal with hardware specific to i.MX like the GPU for example. The package feeds themselves should be public but the package sources are not.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Thank you for that information. However as I mentioned before that we wanted to use direct Debian or Ubuntu base for the container.

Do these package source proprietary or Open Source? If it is Open Source then how can we add to our container image with out using Toradex feed?

Do you require the package binaries or the actual source of these packages?

You can have access to the binaries by just adding the Toradex feed and using apt. However, if you require the raw sources then those are proprietary as far as I’m aware. The actual sources for these packages come from NXP as the hardware is from NXP. We just take the binaries that NXP distributes and then debianize them into debian packages. In fact we don’t even have the sources for these ourselves at Toradex.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

We just need packages. Can we add just a Toradex Feed to APT-GET and get just these packages to our container.

Does that work?

We just need packages. Can we add just a Toradex Feed to APT-GET and get just these packages to our container.

If you take a look at the Dockerfile I referenced you can see we do just that.

Last question,

Do these package source proprietary or Open Source?

I’ve said multiple times that the package sources themselves are proprietary under NXP.