WEC 7 Registry

Hi,

I am trying to create a .REG file with all the configurations I want to set on WEC7 using RegEdit (included with WEC7 image for Colibri iMX6DL).

So far I had no issues with that. Every information I had export to a .reg file was in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Booting with my application is VNC Server. I had configured a password for VNC Server manually by opening the software and that’s OK. However, I need to put this into production in a easy way, so this is why I am creating a .reg file.

Password and other info from VNC is located at ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealVNC’, however using RegEdit I was not able to export this KEY to a .reg file, it pops the following message: regedit: Incorrect registry class specification in ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealVNC’

I have created a .reg file manually with the key and values, however I could not import into regedit because it gives the following error:

regedit: setValue failed to open key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealVNC
regedit: setValue failed to open key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealVNC\WinVNC4

Do I need permission to read or write from HKEY_CURRENT_USER? How can I create a .reg file from RealVNC Key and import into registry?

Thanks,
Rafael

We are investigating the issue and we will try to provide a fix for it.
If you are using Windows Embedded Compact 7 you may try to use the old registry editor (pregedit.exe), you can find it in workspaces downloads for old releases of tegra BSPs:
http://docs.toradex.com/102311-tegra-pb-wince7-workspace.zip