Websocket server via Mono causes the following error: TCP: request_sock_TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 18082. Dropping request. Check SNMP counters

Hello,

I am currently running linux v2.8 on Colibri iMX6DL 512MB. I have setup mono on the device. I am running a .Net version of a websocket server. The websocket runs fine when I run the .Net code in windows. When I run the same code in linux and try to connect to the websocket server on the Colibri, i receive the following error:

TCP: request_sock_TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 18082. Dropping request. Check SNMP counters.

I have tried adjusting the following settings in /etc/sysctl.conf

net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog = 512

net.core.somaxconn = 2048

net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies = 1

Modification of the values did not seem to change the behaviour.

I have rebooted the device and verified that the values above are still set during startup. I still do not know how to resolve the issue or mark that the connections on Port 18082 on my device is in fact valid and not malicious. Any help would be welcome. Thank you in advance.

Brian

hi @brian.ramos

Could you provide the exact version of the hardware and software of your module?
Which Websocket Server are you running?

Concerning your issue, you may consult these two links (one and two) to find a solution.

Best regards, Jaski