Web server is sometimes very Slow (HTTPD) why?

We developed our image(nk.nb) with HTTP as server and ASP. If we call some website(HTML) etc. it will be loaded and spotaniously become derastically slow. Sometimes it takes 30 Secound or londer time until a small part of a webpage will be sent to the browser.alt text

Has HTTPD generally problem in WCE213?

You can not use a web server with Linux?

There are web servers as Boa, Nginx, Lighttpd and others asynchronous as Tornado in Python.

Cleiton Bueno

Blog | B2Open

We use Windows CE 2013. HTTPD is working and ASP too, but it is not working properly.
A browser send GET to HTTPD and this server answers, but spotaniously slowed down until the rest of responses. As it is obvious in the attachment, a very smal file took ca. 30 secound tobe sent into Browser.
Why HTTPD is working so slow, sometimes?

@Saph, can you please check if something else consumes too much of your CPU? You could do that by using the Colibri Monitor tool: Toradex Task Manager | Toradex Developer Center
Let me know.

Hi Saph,

Could you solve your problem? If so, how?



Unfortunately not. I am fighting against this awful strange situation until now, but no hope. We reinstalled every thing again, but still no chance. HTTPD gets very slow, especially, when we use more than one browser to call our webpages on the flashdisk. Very often we encounter a massage from server, that server is busy… .
If someone has some idea, please let us know too.


I quickly made some tests with the code we have here: How to implement webserver | Toradex Developer Center . I quickly made a WEC 2013 project out of it. Basically it works fast. On the short run, I did not got everything working, so I was only able to test http:\ip\isapi\users which worked smoth. Tested that on IMX6 with the latest image as well as on Colibri T30 with the latest image.

In order to get that further solved we need some more information. Could you please narrow down, what part is slow? May you could add some print statments into your code and print some times tamps on the debug output.

If you have a simple example of some slow parts, please send us a running demo, so we can further investigate it.

Hi Saph,

I am facing the same problem!

I am talking to Toradex in

Let’s see what happens!

I was talking to Toradex regarding this issue in our project. It seems that there is some difference/bug in WEC2013 in HTTPD compared to CE6.0 (from where our web-application was ported from) which is causing this.

WEC2013 handles the ConnectionTimeout and MaxConnections values in Base Registry Settings (Compact 2013) | Microsoft Learn differently than CE6.0

The behaviour (sluggishness which is a multiple of 30 secs) changes dramatically when I change the value of ConnectionTimeout to 500 (0.5 sec) from 30000 (30 sec) and increase the MaxConnections to 100 instead of 10. But still in some more involved pages, it seems much slower than CE6.0.

Hope this helps you.