Visual Studio Code exploration

I am trying to get a hello world application running based on these instructions:

I am able to connect to the iMX7 running on the Colibri evaluation board, but I get an error when I try to build my hello world application
The error is in the c_cpp_properties.json file: Cannot find “arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc”

{
“configurations”: [
{
“name”: “Linux”,
“includePath”: [
“${workspaceFolder}/**”
],
“defines”: ,
“compilerPath”: “${env:CC}”,
“cStandard”: “c11”,
“cppStandard”: “gnu++14”,
“intelliSenseMode”: “gcc-arm”
}
],
“version”: 4
}

I had configured the project as a Torizon single-file C project, debian arm32v7 bullseye

Greetings @erenger,

I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. The arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc compiler should be in the SDK container that is built upon the project’s creation.

What version of the extension do you have installed? Also are you using Visual Studio Code on a Windows or Linux machine?

Also could you share the full output of the “TERMINAL” and “OUTPUT” windows for the extension in VSCode. I’d like to see the full extension output leading up to this error. Just to see if there’s any other relevant messages.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Are you referring to the Toradex Torizon Support extension? I had been using the Stable version, but I have now switched to the Early Access version, after reading your suggestion in another post. I’m now able to build and run my hello world application, but I still get the warning for the c_cpp_properties configuration. I think that is coming from the C/C++ extension for VS Code? I have v1.6.0 installed, and I am running on a Win10 machine. I have attached a text file with the output from the PROBLEMS, OUTPUT, and TERMINAL windows.

vscode_output_20210930.txt (18.3 KB)

The warning should be “normal” I believe and can be safely ignored.

Could you please link which post of mine you’re referencing. Also Looking at my setup I see now too that I have the Early Access version. This might be an issue with the stable version that has slipped my mind.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

I had also seen a 530 error during my project setup, and that led me to this post: (Errors 500 and 525 - #3 by tcm), so I switched to the Early Access version. So I should just ignore the warning about the compiler path? thanks for your help.

The compiler path warning can come up since the compiler lives in the SDK container which sometimes confuses VSCode. But as long as your application actually builds then this means the compiler is being found and used.

So yes, I would say this warning can be ignored as long as your project is being built/debugged properly.

Best Regards,
Jeremias