VF61 GPIO pin mapping

I was instructed by Toradex to upgrade from Linux 2.7 to Linux 2.8 on my VF61 module to resolve some application auto start issues in systemd. This has resulted in a whole new set of problems. In particular, none of my GPIO pins are working properly any more. To be more specific, every access to any GPIO pin is now referencing the wrong physical pin. Apparently the mapping of Linux GPIO pin numbers to physical pins has changed from Linux 2.7 to Linux 2.8. This mapping is documented on the Toradex website at GPIO Alphanumeric to GPIO Numeric Assignment | Toradex Developer Center, but this information is for Linux 2.7, and the pins are not mapping in the same way in Linux 2.8. I am running the console version of Linus 2.8 for the Colibri VF61 board.

I would appreciate it very much if someone could give me some documentation on the new (Linux 2.8) GPIO number to physical port pin number mapping. I really don’t want to figure this out by trial and error for each of the 19 GPIO pins that my application is using.

hi @irbsd

Could you provide the hardware version of your module? Which carrier board are you using?

This has resulted in a whole new set of problems. In particular, none of my GPIO pins are working properly any more. To be more specific, every access to any GPIO pin is now referencing the wrong physical pin. Apparently the mapping of Linux GPIO pin numbers to physical pins has changed from Linux 2.7 to Linux 2.8

Could you please tell us, which GPIOs you are using?

I am running the console version of Linus 2.8 for the Colibri VF61 board.

Have you done any changes to the Image (.kernelconfig, devicetree, …)? If yes, could you share these changes, please?

Thanks and best regards,
Jaski

False alarm. Apparent problem with GPIO pin mapping was due to a mis-alligned connector in my system. GPIO signals appeared in the wrong pins of the connector, but it was a connector mating problem, not an issue with the GPIO pin mapping. Sorry for any confusion.

There is no issue. Thanks for the feedback.