VF50 Prodcution programming

I have been configuring a VF50 with a default CE7 image + .net Compact framework.
I then configure the splash screen an boot parameters \FlashDisk\Autorun to start the required software.
All good so far…
I have setup a production programming USB stick and backed up the FileSystem,Registry and ConfigBlock.
My problem comes when I try to update a new VF50.
The Update software manages to clear the registry, then fails to complete any other task with no error messages as to why.
Even updating manually fails: using update tool.
Updated OS from CE6 to CE7 - OK
Updated Registry,FileSystem,configblock - appears OK.
But on a cold boot fails to find the .net compact framework installed.

ProductionProgramming.bat is as follows:
REM Path to UpdateTool.exe (relatvie to this batch file)
set PATH_UPDATETOOL=…\UpdateTool

REM Configuration Section end
REM ################################################################################

ECHO Toradex Production Programming
ECHO ******************************
REM First clear registry
“%PATH_UPDATETOOL%\updatetool.exe” /cu
REM Update bootloader
“%PATH_UPDATETOOL%\updatetool.exe” /u bootloader,raw,\USB HD\backup\eboot.img
REM Update image
“%PATH_UPDATETOOL%\updatetool.exe” /u os,bin,\USB HD\backup\nk.bin
REM Update Config block
“%PATH_UPDATETOOL%\updatetool.exe” /u configblock,raw,\USB HD\backup\ConfigBlock.cfg
REM Update Registry
“%PATH_UPDATETOOL%\updatetool.exe” /u registry,raw,\USB HD\backup\Registry.ivr
REM Update File System
“%PATH_UPDATETOOL%\updatetool.exe” /u filesystem,raw,\USB HD\backup\FileSystem.ivf
ECHO Production programming done.
ECHO *******************************

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @ObiTwo ,

I think there is something wrong with your PATH_UPDATETOOL variable “…” 3 dots does not look to be valid. Also note that Windows CE does not have a concept of current directory… it works within a batch file only if you execute a “cd” command in the same batch before or call yor batch from a command prompt that is in the right folder.

Also note that clearing the registry has no effect if you then restore it from a file, so you can skip that step.
I’m not sure, but is it possible that you did a “Save Registry” at the end when doing the steps manually? In this case the Save Registry would save the curent state into flash, undoing the restore from file you did before.

If all the above still does not help:
Check if the issue with .net not working is due to missing files on \flashdisk\system or missing registry entries.

Aslo what Image version are you using while doing the update? And what versiona are you updating to?

It seems i can’t post a dot dot backslash without it converting it to …\ (converts 2 dots to three).

The setup is based on the ProductionProgramming.bat file supplied by Toradex.
It does appear to be running the update tool(latest version) but pops up with an Error “Update Failed”.
The VF50 come the CE6 preinstalled and i am updating to the latest CE7 image + eboot.img available.