Verdin Mallow power control

Hi everybody,

I’m testing Mallow carrier with iMX8MP module, Yocto built custom image (will move to Torizon OS later).

After having a look at the schematics, it’s not so clear (to me, at least) how power control is managed.
There is a LDO 5V standby regulator, a power pushbutton and many, many signals.

Is there any diagram/flowchart of power control (on, off, push-button actions, etc) available for this carrier or should I try to reverse-engineer from schematics and module datasheet?

Thanks in advance.

BR,
Diego

Hello @d.moimas ,
You can have a look at the Verdin family specification(section 5).

Together with the Mallow data sheet and schematics it should solve most of, if not all, your doubts.

In any case don’t hesitate to ask if something is not clear to you :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Josep

Dear Josep,

thank you, I forgot to check family specs and I focused only on module/carrier datasheets.

Description was exhaustive and I managed to make our prototype work as expected.

BR,
Diego

Just a small doubt: why the “3.3V power indicator” LED is powered by 5V rail? (Mallow)

Also… According to specs, CTRL_RESET_MOCI# is a 3.3V tolerant input, but on Mallow it is pulled to 5V rail…

In Verdin Family Specifications, at page 25, Table 2 says “Apalis power states” while it should be “Verdin power states”.

Hello @d.moimas ,

About your first two questions:

I have asked internally about them, and I will update this thread when I have new info.

Regarding the third one

It must be a typo, I have reported it to our documentation team and they will fix it.

Best regards,
Josep

Dear @josep.tx ,

thanks a lot.

BR,
Diego

Hello @d.moimas ,

I just got an update:

CTRL_RESET_MOCI# signal is Open Drain and 5V tolerant. Nothing will blow up.
Mallow schematic and documentation for the Verdin modules will be fixed.

Best regards,
Josep

Hi,

thanks for reassuring me.
I’m glad that I helped improving the docs.

BR,
Diego