Verdin IMX8MM and Riverdi MIPI DSI Touch Display

Hello,

we are currently looking for a display for our Verdin IMX8M Mini, I have my eye on the Riverdi RVT70HSMNWC00-B, it has a MIPI DSI interface. I am not a display interface expert but from the datasheets it looks to me like it will work.

Does anyone know of it works together ?

Bg, Markus

Dear @DrWenz,

Most displays that have compatible interfaces with our modules are able to work without much problems. You may need however to edit the device tree by adding custom overlays for them to behave properly (setting resolution, timings…). I suggest you look into this page: Device Tree Overlays (Linux) | Toradex Developer Center that describes the topic and has even some information about the device trees that we have pre-built.

To add the device trees to your image by default you could refer to: Custom meta layers, recipes and images in Yocto Project (hello-world examples) | Toradex Developer Center (for our Reference BSP’s) or TorizonCore Builder Tool “build” command | Toradex Developer Center (for TorizonCore).

Looking at the datasheet of your display, it seems however that when you build your carrier board, you’ll probably need to design your own connection interfaces as, for instance, the X48 connector on the Verdin Development Board has 60 pins connected and the cables on your display would have 50.

Please tell me if this helps you.

Best regards,

Ok thanks, I will try it. If I have any issues I will come back to you :slight_smile:

1 Like