Verdin iMX8M Plus internal Ethernet Crossover capability?

Were using 2 Verdin ImX8M plus boards on our project. And I want them both connected to each other by the built in PHY gigabit ethernet.
Routing them ive hit a bit of a snag, with each module facing opposite directions, the data lanes need to cross over to reach the receiving module.

What are the Verdins built in ethernet crossover capabilities?
Can I mix and match the data lanes? :
1 to 4, 2 to 3, 3 to 2, 4 to 1 ?

Also can I flip the datelines polarity as well? Can the hardware handle all that?

If I’m able to mirror it, that would make routing this much simpler.
If you can let me know, that would be great.
Thanks
Simon

The Verdin iMX8M Plus module is equipped with the KSZ9131RNXI PHY, as detailed in the PHY datasheet. This PHY includes features such as:

• Automatic MDI/MDI-X crossover to detect and correct pair swaps at all operation speeds.
  • Automatic detection and correction of pair swaps, pair skew, and pair polarity.

Please review the PHY datasheet carefully to ensure that all your planned PCB modifications are in compliance with the PHY specifications.

Ace thank you. I will look at it in more detail in the morning.
But sounds like I can mirror the signals

Hello @Simon_RN,

please take advantage of our FREE 30 min carrier design training call.

In this call, you will learn to avoid the most common carrier board design problems.
And when you are done with your design you can opt for a carrier design review.

Best Regards,

Matthias

Its a bit of a hectic week here. And Im rushed off my feet. Could we do this call next week some time?
Ill also have a board I can go over with you then.

Hello @Simon_RN,

sure with this link you can book the call when it fits your calender.

Matthias

hello @Simon_RN,

any updates?

Best Regards,

Matthias

At the trade show today. Can we schedule next week?
I’ll be recovered and the rest of us will be ready to deal with the changes to software we might need to deal with.
Kind regards
Simon

ok great,

we will wait for you to come back to us.

Best Regards,

Matthias