Verdin iMX8M Mini Error execution a python function

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to add the driver from our custom display and I’m running on a error:

ERROR: display-ilitek-mod-1.0+git${SRCPV}-r0 do_deploy_source_date_epoch: Error executing a python function in exec_func_python() autogenerated:

When I build my image without the display driver, its build fine. But when I add this driver, I keep getting this error. I’m uploading my bb file and makefile. Anyone knows what this issue could be? Thank you!

display-ilitek-mod_1.0.bb (421 Bytes)
Makefile (1.4 KB)

Regards,
Ruben

Greetings @rubencz,

Just to understand are you just trying to add this out-of-tree kernel driver/module to your build?

Also are you working with our TorizonCore or Yocto BSP images?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi @jeremias.tx!

You are correct, I’m trying to add this out-of-tree kernel driver to my Yocto BSP image build.

Regards,
Ruben

I don’t notice anything wrong on initial impression with your bb recipe. It seems consistent with the format for a recipe adding a kernel module/driver.

As for the error message, was there anything else outputted or just this error message? It’s not very helpful or descriptive on it’s own.

Also did you do any other changes to the default build or just this? Have you tried cleaning the build?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi @jeremias.tx ,

After I did some changes based on Compile a Custom Kernel Module to my .bb file and makefile, in a short answer, I add what this tutorial says to my makefile and changed the .bb to match what this tutorial says. I was able to compile but I’m not sure if its the right change. I’m sharing the files. Thanks a lot.

display-ilitek-mod_1.1.bb (566 Bytes)
Makefile (1.7 KB)

Regards,
Ruben

Good to hear it’s working now. Perhaps it was just a minor issue. Yocto can be very picky sometimes.