Verdin imx8m-mini bluetooth

Hi I am trying to install pybluz python library inside the docker and get the following error
Command errored out with exit status 1: /usr/bin/python3 -u -c ‘import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = ‘"’"’/tmp/pip-install-98at9tpw/pybluez_aec181e35785415aaaa96fb6d2b81f28/setup.py’“'”‘; file=’“'”‘/tmp/pip-install-98at9tpw/pybluez_aec181e35785415aaaa96fb6d2b81f28/setup.py’“'”‘;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘"’“‘open’”’“‘, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’”‘"’\r\n’“'”‘, ‘"’"’\n’“'”‘);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘"’“‘exec’”’"‘))’ install --record /tmp/pip-record-f_7t9ftp/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /usr/local/include/python3.9/PyBluez Check the logs for full command output.
how to install pybluz ?

Hi @selvamanikandan

Welcome to Toradex community.
Could you install libbluetooth-dev and try again installing the pybluez package inside the container.
#apt update
#apt install libbluetooth-dev
#apt install python3 python3-pip python3-dev python3-numpy python3-distutils
#pip install pybluez

This is the error iam getting

Hi @selvamanikandan

Are you trying to build a custom container with pybluez package? or trying to install it inside the container using apt?

Could you provide the steps that you have followed?

Hi Ashok,

I am trying to install pybluez inside a container using apt

Her is the steps I followed

apt update

apt install libbluetooth-dev

apt install python3 python3-pip python3-dev python3-numpy python3-distutils

pip install pyblue

first 3 no problem,

last one it downloads the package and wheels installation failed and failed further installation.

Regards

Selvamanikandan.S

Any update???

Hi @selvamanikandan

Looks like your container does not have the compiler to build the source. install the same and try again.
#apt install gcc g++
#pip install pybluez

Still, it fails

Screen shots for reference.

Hi @selvamanikandan

Unfortunately, I’m not able to reproduce the issue at my end. Instead, attached a sample Dockerfile.
Dockerfile (416 Bytes)
you can build a container with pybluez package.