USB On Eva Board 2.1

Everything works fine when I connect a device to the USB in a VF50 1.2b(linux) on the latest Colibri evaluation board.
BUT I am getting an error when I am connecting a device to the USB with the same VF50 1.2b (linux) on a Colibri Evaluation Board rev 2.1.

usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ci_hdrc
usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ci_hdrc
usb usb2-port1: attempt power cycle
usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 4 using ci_hdrc
usb 2-1: device not accepting address 4, error -71
usb 2-1: new high-speed USB device number 5 using ci_hdrc
usb 2-1: device not accepting address 5, error -71
usb usb2-port1: unable to enumerate USB device

As a note a usb mouse is detected just fine on both revisions and using a USB hub with an external power supply did hot help.
My first thought is that there is some default hardware configuration that is different between the revisions of the evaluation boards and I need to set/clear some switch/pin that I missed.
Any idea how I can get my older evaluation board to properly detect the connected device.

Hello @MihaiRosca ,

When you say "the latest ", which version are you referring to?

You say that a USB mouse works fine on the V2.1C, so I would discard any HW damage.

Which USB device are you trying to connect to the evaluation board?
Based on the logs you share, seems that the problems start when you connect a high speed USB device.
Support for USB 2.0 was added in V3.1A, and you have a V2.1C, so this might be the cause of the device working in the new version but not in the old one.

PCN:

Best regards,
Josep

Hi!
Thanks for the quick reply!

When you say "the latest ", which version are you referring to?

I was refering to rev 3.2 of the colibri evaluation board.

Which USB device are you trying to connect to the evaluation board?
Based on the logs you share, seems that the problems start when you connect a high speed USB device.
Support for USB 2.0 was added in V3.1A, and you have a V2.1C, so this might be the cause of the device working in the new version but not in the old one.

Initially I tried to connect a usb hub and a usb ethernet adapter. (both high speed)
I tested now a few high speed devices and all of them have shown the same behavior.
And low speed devices like mouse/keyboards seem to be ok.

As I understand now there is nothing I can do to get my older board to run high speed devices.

Thanks for the help!

Hello @MihaiRosca ,

Actually you can :slight_smile: , and the conversion procedure is explained here, in our developer website:

Best regards,
Josep