USB data communication between Toradex Apalis IMX6D based on Yocto Project BSP 2.8 Linux

I would like to know the USB data communication method between Toradex Apalis IMX6D based on Yocto Project BSP 2.8 Linux(QT, C++).
If USB data communication is not easy, I would like to know how to do data communication between Toradex Apalis IMX6D based on Yocto Project BSP 2.8 Linux(QT, C++).

Dear @snswin , sorry for the late reply.

Sorry but what do you mean “between Toradex Apalis IMX6D”?

Between 2x Toradex Apalis IMX6D? Between PC and Toradex Apalis IMX6D? In case you mean with the PC, you can use the UARTA for debug communication:

For Qt, you can also use USB or Ethernet to debug/deploy your applications: How to set up Qt Creator to cross compile for embedded Linux | Toradex Developer Center

Please note that BSP 2.8 is quite old. We recommend you switch at least to BSP 3.0.4 or consider using BSP 5.4:

(More info about our LTS versions: Toradex Embedded Linux Support Strategy | Toradex Developer Center

Kind regards,
Alvaro.

Thank you for your reply.

I mean “Between 2x Toradex Apalis IMX6D”.
I want data communication between 2x Toradex Apalis IMX6D.
I want to know how to do data communication rather than debug communication.

Unfortunately, the other builds haven’t succeeded yet. I’ve only had success with BSP 2.8.
I’ll take a look at the information you gave me.

Thanks for the confirmation.

In that case, the most straightforward way is to use the UART ports of each Apalis iMX6. Simply connecting RX-TX from each module should work without any additional configuration.

Using USB Host/Client could also work but would need additional configuration on the client side to configure it the module as the desired “gadget”. For this particular use case you might try the Abstract Control Model (CDC ACM) profile. You have more info here.

Unfortunately, the other builds haven’t succeeded yet. I’ve only had success with BSP 2.8.

What build are you referring to? Yocto based image build? Qt project build? Linux kernel build? Device tree compilation? As far as I know, BSP 3.0.4 should work for all of the above.

Kind regards,
Alvaro.

Thanks for your informations.
It’s very helpful.

I refer

→ bitbake angstrom-lxde-image, BSP 2.8

I’ll look at another BSP again.

bitbake angstrom-lxde-image, BSP 2.8

I see what is happening now: Starting with BSP 3, we removed support for the Angstrom distro for the more generic Poky distro. You should use:

BSP 3: bitbake console-tdx-image
BSP 5: bitbake tdx-reference-multimedia-image
or
bitbake tdx-reference-minimal-image

Kind regards,
Alvaro.

I have had success with BSP 5.0. (bitbake tdx-reference-multimedia-image)

Now, is there any guide on how to put the program I made with QT (C++, GUI)?
A website text document is preferably required. I can’t watch videos like YouTube because I’m not good at English.

In BSP 2.8, I copied the program (QT C++, GUI) and put the run command in the /etc/profile file.
And if I put the execution command in /etc/profile, it will be executed every time I log in to Linux. I would like to know how to make it run only once at system boot time instead of every time I log in to Linux.

Happy to see you managed to build for BSP 5.0!

You should use Qt Creator for a better experience: How to set up Qt Creator to cross compile for embedded Linux | Toradex Developer Center

I would like to know how to make it run only once at system boot time instead of every time I log in to Linux.

Maybe through a systemd service?