Updating OpenSSL Package

I’m using a VF50 module with Linux V2.5. I need to update the version of OpenSSL. The current version reads: “OpenSSH_7.4p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2d 9 Jul 2015”. I have managed to update OpenSSH, but OpenSSL is proving more problematic.
I have copied the OpenSSL 1.0.2k recipe from the link below to my recipe:
http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/meta/recipes-connectivity/openssl

However, compilation fails with the following error:

MACHINE=colibri-vf bitbake openssl
Loading cache: 100% |###########################################################################################################################################################| ETA:  00:00:00
Loaded 2828 entries from dependency cache.
ERROR: ParseError at /opt/TORADEX_COLIBRI_VF_V2.5/build/../stuff/meta-timetools/recipes-timetools/openssl/openssl.inc:31: Could not inherit file classes/relative_symlinks.bbclassETA:  --:--:--

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

You can try the patch that introduced relative_symlinks.bbclass:

and the function replace_absolute_symlinks:

Apologies, I’m a bit new to OpenEmbedded. What is the best way to apply these patches?

You can probably just cherry-pick them. However, depending on what you are actually trying to achieve it may be easier to update to out latest morty based bsp and used upstream openembedded-core in the build.

This post helped me to update openssl_1.0.2h to openssl_1.0.2o. Follow this link for the same. I hope that helps.