Update Torizon OS 6 through OTA

Hello,

Is there a way to update Torizon OS 6 through OTA (Torizon Cloud)?

The most recent OS image proposed is 5.5.0 which looks like Torizon Core 5 :

Best regards,
Fabian

I found the instruction here that the package source should be provided

I am testing it at the moment.

Best regards,
Fabian

Hi @fdortu ,

What Torizon OS version is currently installed on the device you want to update? If it is on Torizon OS 5 and you want to upgrade to Torizon OS 6 you first need to update to Torizon OS 5.7.2 or newer, then upgrade the bootloader, as instructed in this article:

On the image you shared you are looking at the Torizon OS Podman releases (Package name has torizon-core-podman).

Most likely you’re using the Docker variant, so look in the torizon-core-docker packages instead.

Best regards,
Lucas Akira

Dear Lucas,

I finally managed to apply the steps described in Bootloader Updates in Torizon OS | Toradex Developer Center

The steps one is expected to follow for upgrading TorizonCore from 5.x.y to 6.x.y are:

1. Upgrade to the latest version of the OS within the same series. For example, if your device is currently running TorizonCore 5.6.0, you should first update it to 5.7.2+.
  2. Upgrade the bootloader to the appropriate version for the major transition.
  3. Upgrade the OS to the new major (6.x.y).
  • Step 1 : I was already with version 5.7.2+ so I did not have to perform this step
  • Step 2 : I managed to successfully install the bootloader by adding the package source as described under the link given above. Now bootloader 2022.04-6.2.0-devel+git.0e1f11392251-n216 is installed on my target.
  • Step 3 : Now I can see the kirkstone images with 6.2.0-devel-202303+build.6 in Torizon monthly and upgrade to it.

Best regards,
Fabian

Glad your issue was solved!

Best regards,
Lucas Akira