Unable to Build and Run in Qt creator(5.5.1) using Toradex_Qt_Embedded-Debug

Hello Sir/Madam,

I want to build the HMI using Qt for Apalis Evaluation Test Board V1.1A , SoM: Apalis iMX6 Quad 2GB. I am following the link as mentioned below:

1. Getting Started with Qt
  2. Qt Creator to cross compile - Embedded Linux

For build and deploy the target image i am following the steps “Build with OpenEmbedded Layers”
The image and sdk was created successfully with bitbake -k meta-toolchain-qt5
After the sdk got generated,configured with Qt Creator also by adding kit,debugger,compiler succesfully.

But got stuck in build and run throwing the error below:
" ‘addexclusivebuilds’ is not a recognized test function"

Request your assistance for resolving this above error.

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna

HI @swapna and Welcome to the Toradex community!

Could you provide the version of the hardware (including carrier board) and software of your module?

Which open-embedded git branch did you compile?

The image and sdk was created successfully with bitbake -k meta-toolchain-qt5

Could you create the image and sdk using the following command:

bitbake -k angstrom-qt5-x11-image -c populate_sdk

But got stuck in build and run throwing the error below: " ‘addexclusivebuilds’ is not a recognized test function"

At which step did you get stuck exactly?

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi @jaski.tx ,
The version of hardware and software is :
Linux u-OptiPlex-790 4.15.0-58-generic #64~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 7 14:10:35 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

software version : 4.15.0-58-generic

I have tried the command “bitbake -k angstrom-qt5-x11-image -c populate_sdk” .But everytime Ubuntu gets hanged and need to restart and was not successful.

so i tried with " bitbake -k meta-toolchain-qt5" which was successful and sdk has been created as well.
But got stuck in build and run procedure in QT creator throwing the error .
The error log path has been attached.

Request your help.

Thanks & Regards,
Swapna

Hi @ununezta ,

I tried QT from the same shell i ran the script.

Hi @swapna,

Did you try running Qt from the same shell you ran the script:

. /usr/local/oecore-x86_64/environment-setup-armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi

I have to read several times de document to understand that.

regards

Hi @swapna

Thanks for your Input.

The version of hardware and software is : Linux u-OptiPlex-790 4.15.0-58-generic #64~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 7 14:10:35 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

How much RAM have you installed?

I have tried the command “bitbake -k angstrom-qt5-x11-image -c populate_sdk”. But everytime Ubuntu gets hanged and need to restart and was not successful.

Can you use screen to do the OpenEmbedded Build? Please share also the error log?

I searched for your error on the internet. It looks like that the packet QtCharts is not included in the SDK you build as described here.

Could you check if the package QtCharts is present in your SDK?

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi @jaski.tx ,

I have checked for the “Qtcharts” in the SDK but it was not there before.
Now i have added IMAGE_INSTALL += “qtcharts” in the local.conf file but still getting the error ‘addexclusivebuilds’ is not a recognized test function"
And also while setting the path of QT mkspec manually,it is not supporting the Toradex Kit and showing error.You can check this in the attached screenshot.

please help me out to resolve this issue

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna

alt text

Hi @swapna

Thanks for your Input.
Could you share a sample application, you are trying to compile?
Best regards,
Jaski