U-boot 2016.11 environment not properly set

Hello,

I think I’ve found a problem in the u-boot sources you are providing.

I am using u-boot 2016.11 (BSP-2.8) downloaded from your git repo

git clone -b 2016.11-toradex git://git.toradex.com/u-boot-toradex.git

I noticed that after the configuration

make colibri_imx6_defconfig

The resulting default u-boot environment (the one statically compiled into u-boot) is not the same that you are using by default into your Easy Installer images.

In fact, if after a fresh recovery of the bootloader using the new image just recompiled by the process above, you set the default environment using the u-boot command below…

Colibri iMX6 #  env default -a

You have a couple of wrong settings in the file ./include/configs/colibri_imx6.h

1. “boot_file=zImage\0”
  2. "vidargs=video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 "

So because the images you are generating are still in the old format uImage the system is not able to boot.

Colibri iMX6 # print boot_file
boot_file=zImage

I would have expected to get a bootloader with exactly the same settings you are providing in the default images.

Yes, one actually does get a bootloader with exactly the same settings we are providing in our default images if one does use the exact sources matching that default image as installed on the module.

As e.g. mentioned here or further explained here we did actually change the kernel image format as part of the BSP 2.8b2. We do understand that such changes may cause some disruption but if you avoid mixing and matching stuff from different BSP versions such issues may be kept to a minimum.