Trouble getting "older" project to run

Hi @mvandenabeele ,

Please let me know if there is any other thing that I can help you with about this part.

I just tested the extension by creating a new project and it generated the .devcontainer folder, however, if you delete the folder entirely, your c project will have problems loading. Therefore, I’d recommend adding those files at least to have a backup option.

When you followed the tutorial, did you use the early access version or the standard one? The fixes for the problems you posted here are still to be updated on the standard version along with other commits. The stable release should be corrected in up to 15 days as we are also correcting other problems and adding new features to it.

Best regards,
Guilherme

Hi Guilherme

I could give you temporary access to my project on github, so you can see what is missing or what is going wrong? Would that be okay for you? Can you send me the account you’d like to use.

I find it strange and counterintuitive to add a hidden folder to git. Is it considered a bug that this folder is not recreated, or will it always be like that?

We followed the tutorial but used the early access version of the extension. Just starting a new C++ project and getting it to run on a Verdin never worked, whatever we dit to try and fix it.

Hi @mvandenabeele ,

You could also send to me a zip folder using share.toradex.com via a private message here in the community. I’d prefer to have it shared in this way as other people at Toradex could also help me testing if needed.

When you try to run a C++ project in the extension it uses the .devcontainer folder to know what should be installed inside VSCode Remote - containers extension. Therefore, if for any reason any file like the devcontainer.json is missing, the extension will have no information on what it should have to properly run.

Ok! Please send me your files and I’ll try to run them and I’ll also create a new project to see if I find any error.

Best regards,
Guilherme

Okay, I sent you my project. I really hope you or your colleagues can see what is going on.

I don’t mind putting .devontainer in my git. It’s just not that intuitive to me. I think it should have been a “normal” folder, but it’s really not a problem.