Touch driver lagging slow

Hello,

We are using riverdi display with ilitek touch driver, but always get the error when press many times very quickly. We are using chromium and cog to do some tests on the user interface.
I have this error with different 2 displays and using 2 different touch drivers, ilitek and mts_mtx.
I can feel the slow performance on the user interface when I get this error.
What can be done to improve this lag?

Riverdy Display: DS_RVT101HVDNWC00-B_Rev.1.0

TorizonOS: Linux verdin-imx8mm-14756371 5.15.129-6.5.0+git.6f8fd49366db #1-TorizonCore SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 22 11:15:52 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Apr 15 15:33:09 verdin-imx8mm-14756371 1dd146263a71[718]: [15:33:09.778] event2 - ilitek_ts: client bug: event processing lagging behind by 36ms, your system is too slow

Hello @peterz,

We are aware of an issue with the touchscreen input from the Capacitive Touch Display 10.1" DSI, when paired with the Verdin iMX8MM with Torizon installed. The issue is tracked on our issue tracker: TorizonCore Issue Tracker

However, the known issue does not cause the following issue you reported.
I re-tested this to be sure.

Is the display with the “mts_mxt” touch controller the Capacitive Touch Display 10.1" LVDS?

Is your Torizon OS image customized in any way?

Best Regards,
Bruno

Hello @bruno.tx

We are using two displays with the same error. One use ilitek driver and other mts_mxt.
We saw errors independently of the display used.
And the image customization does not affect nothing related to display, only dockers and some services.
We were using chrome and cog to the user interface, now we are testing another UI based on an application instead of browser. I will let you know if the problem persists.