Dear Developer Community,
we have observed a couple of times failures around docker-compose configuration resulting in some error like the one below. Our analysis and the error loop follow, I’d like to hear your opinion and suggestions to avoid new occurrencies of the problem.
- Our customized TorizonCore OS is based on 5.6 release and has docker data integrity check enabled as here (link).
- Our docker images are managed in a privare registry and the credentials are stored in /etc/docker to be used by Aktualizer (link).
- Before having the problem, both OS and Apps were updated via Torizon OTA some days ago and the system was intensively used for about a week.
- At a certain point, both docker containers and docker images disappeared, we suspect docker container or docker engine had an issue or corruption and the integrity check did that.
- TorizonCore is not able to recover because docker-compose.service enters a failure loop (extract below) where either the [yN] question is answered no by default or the private registry login is not loaded (/etc/docker/config.json only used by Aktualizer and not by docker-compose?)
- Are OS rollbacks and integrity-check-actions logged somewhere in a persistant way or is there a way to understand if they were executed?
systemd: Starting Docker Compose service with docker compose... systemd: Started Docker Compose service with docker compose. docker-compose: Creating network "torizon_default" with the default driver docker-compose: Pulling MY_IMAGE (HASH)... docker-compose: The image for the service you're trying to recreate has been removed. If you continue, volume data could be lost. Consider backing up your data before continuing. docker-compose: Continue with the new image? [yN]pull access denied for MY_IMAGE, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied systemd: docker-compose.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE systemd: docker-compose.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'. systemd: docker-compose.service: Triggering OnFailure= dependencies.
Thanks in advance for the attention and the suggestions,