Torizon Software İmage File

Hello,

I want to run Torizon image file via Toradex easy installer on NXP Imx8m mini EVK board. Since it is open source and features are better then yocto distribution. I have used Verdin Imx8m mini easy installer for that.
Problem is : easy installer is successfully downlaoded to the board but I could not get display output. I think if verdin imx8m mini board is capable of yocto linux , torizon image file should also run with Nxp Imx8m mini board.
Also I wanna try image files via SD card , but I was using *wic extension from Yocto. Can I get Torizon image file with wic extension instead of docker container ?

Greetings @Erdem,

Just to make sure I understand you correctly. You’re trying to run our TorizonCore software on the NXP EVK hardware?

Well I can’t imagine how well this would work out, since our software is designed to be used on our hardware. Is there a reason you’re not using our Verdin hardware?

With regards to your display issue, again the software is designed to our hardware. You’d probably need to change/substitute the device tree for the EVK hardware. But, even then it might not completely work.

Also I wanna try image files via SD card , but I was using *wic extension from Yocto. Can I get Torizon image file with wic extension instead of docker container ?

We don’t provide pre-built WIC images of TorizonCore. But, since it’s open source you’re free to create a yocto build that produces a WIC image of TorizonCore.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hello,

Yes I have tried several yocto distributions on NXP IMX8m mini evk. Then I come across Toradex OS applications and I see it would be better fit. I want to try the OS with my imx8mm and I thought if I can arrange the device trees accordingly, I might have good chance of trying it.
Also I have done what you suggested:
Bitbake torizon-core-docker creates an images folder which includes

But there is no file with wic extension only file with tar extension.
How can I deploy “torizon-core-docker-verdin-imx8mm-Tezi_5.6.0-devel-20220312015401+build.0.tar” file to my SD Card ?

Hi @Erdem ,

The tarball you created is used by the Toradex Easy Installer which only works in combination with the Toradex modules.

Toradex only provides support on Toradex Hardware.

Best Regards
Kevin