Torizon OTA API: packageVersion not set in /device/packages/{deviceUuid} response

Dear Toradex Team,
we want to develop our own update front-end which allows us to trigger an update for a specific device with the Torizon OTA API.
For this we are calling the /device/packages/{deviceUuid} to get the information which software is currently installed on the device.
When experimenting with this I discovered that the packageVersion is always set to "unknown-version" but the packageName value contains a concatination of packageName and packageVersion. I think this is called the packageID
e.g. when calling:

curl -X 'GET' \
  'https://app.torizon.io/api/v2beta/devices/packages/<uuid>' \
  -H 'accept: application/json' \
  -H 'Authorization: Bearer <token>'

I get as resonse:

{
  "deviceUuid": "<uuid>",
  "installedPackages": [
    {
      "component": "apalis-imx8",
      "installed": {
        "packageName": "n11-os-images-5.3.0-1",
        "packageVersion": "unknown-version",
        "checksum": "573bee1c603ae3bb5fb4b5abca36fa0fc5fedb70ef584a7fb11bc7dd2de015c8"
      }
    },
    {
      "component": "docker-compose",
      "installed": {
        "packageName": "docker-compose-stable.yml-RG-MD-29",
        "packageVersion": "unknown-version",
        "checksum": "f6790347ca01710007a3ef2cc9497c145d6867cdadf00b0a7509756764855b4f"
      }
    }
  ]
}

I think this is not the intended behavior, right?
This is not a big problem, as we simply can split the string into name and version ourself. But I would like to know if you are going to change the response in the future so I can prepare for this?

My suggestion is to correct the values of packageName and packageVersion and add a third value packageId which contains the combination of both. Just like it is done when calling the packages endpoint.

Thanks and best regards,
Thorbjörn

Hi @n11ThoMumme !

Thanks for your message!

I was able to reproduce the same behavior and I asked internally about this.

I will answer here as soon as I get some answer :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Hi @n11ThoMumme !

Toradex R&D team answered that the behavior of the fields packageName and packageVersion of the endpoint devices/packages/<uuid> is going to be fixed: packageName will contain only the package name and packageVersion will contain only the package version.

We do not know for sure when this modification will be deployed. It can take a few weeks.

I will comment here once we have more information, ok?

Have a nice day!

Hi @henrique.tx
thank you very much for your answer.
Yes, just write me here when this is fixed :slight_smile:
Best,
Thorbjörn

Hi @henrique.tx
is there an update on this issue?
Best,
Thorbjörn

Hi @n11ThoMumme !

I was informed that at the moment there is no ETA for the implementation of this modification.

Best regards,