I have a Colibri eval board and iMX8X connected to my development PC
- Windows 10, running VMWare Workstation with Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS as a guest
- Visual Studio Code for Linux version 1.8.1
- Torizon IDE 2 Extension pre-release version v2.1.103
- Development PC is on same network as target
On the target:
- Colibri iMX8X with TorizonCore installed
PRETTY_NAME=“TorizonCore 6.3.0+build.4 (kirkstone)”
I followed all of the insructions (I think) up to and including the point of creating a single container application, the Qt QML template example from the Torizon IDE 2 extension for VSC.
- I connected to the target device
- I followed all of the tasks (installing prerequisites, etc. no problem, except for the binfmt, which I launched manually in a terminal as sudo due to admin privileges. Is this acceptable/ok?
- I set a breakpoint in main.cpp of the Qt QML app
- I followed the instructions for debug, including selecting the correct target platform from within VSC (Torizon ARMv8)
- I hit F5 and waited for the build/deploy to complete
All tasks completed except for running the container where I got the following error:
Executing task: DOCKER_HOST= docker run --rm -it -v /home/cowboydan/hellopy:/app cross-toolchain-arm64-hellopycontainer bash -c ‘qmake6 -o aarch64/Makefile CONFIG+=debug CONFIG+=qml_debug’
WARNING: The requested image’s platform (linux/arm64/v8) does not match the detected host platform (linux/amd64/v3) and no specific platform was requested
/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/qt6/mkspecs/features/resources_functions.prf:86: Cannot write file /app/aarch64/debug/.rcc/qmake_resources.qrc: Cannot create parent directory
- The terminal process “/usr/bin/bash ‘-c’, ‘DOCKER_HOST= docker run --rm -it -v /home/cowboydan/hellopy:/app cross-toolchain-arm64-hellopycontainer bash -c ‘qmake6 -o aarch64/Makefile CONFIG+=debug CONFIG+=qml_debug’’” terminated with exit code: 3.
- My SVGA monitor connected to the Colibri Eval board went blank (expected from another post: build/deploy stops all other containers)
- I cannot see the expected QML application (due to the newly build container not running)
I suspect it has something to do with the expected vs actual platform (or lack of a requested specific platform) in running the container. Any help would be greatly appreciated.