Toradex extension in VScode WSL2 issues using VPN

Hello,
I am currently using the Toradex Verdin and Apalis boards behind a corporate VPN. I can see that the older Toradex extensions in VSCode are not installed when behind the corporate VPN.
These are as follows:

I believe this is due to the dependency of Toradex extensions on WSL2 which seems to having issues as per this link.

However, I can see that an experimental extension from Torizon is being installed inspite of being connected via VPN.

Presumably as it is not dependent on WSL2??

Please can you let me know if using this experimental extension on VerdiniMX8MPlus on Dahlia and ApalisiMX8M on Ixora will work.

When installing the older extensions, I get a self certificate error in the remote server logs and these extensions never install in the dev container. This is behind the corporate VPN.
However with the apollox extension, although I do get the certificate error, extension installs properly.

So the question is can we update the older extensions to install in the same manner as apollox so that they install inspite of self-certificate error?

See logs attached.
renderer.log (29.5 KB)

Hi @SJ_BHD ,

ApolloX is also dependent on WSL 2 when used on Windows, but does not use Docker dev containers.

ApolloX VS Code Torizon Integrated Development Environment is a complete redesign, from scratch, of the “Microsoft Developer Experience in a Linux Ecosystem” Labs Project (the older extensions). Focusing in the VS Code for automation between the development environment for remote debug, remote deploy of containerized applications for Toradex TorizonCore easy-to-use Industrial Linux Software Platform. (Torizon VS Code Extension v2 (ApolloX)).

Please can you let me know if using this experimental extension on VerdiniMX8MPlus on Dahlia and ApalisiMX8M on Ixora will work.

Yes it should work, if you use one of the available templates. Remembering that it is still in alpha state. But we’ll be happy to hear your feedback and address possible issues.

So the question is can we update the older extensions to install in the same manner as apollox so that they install inspite of self-certificate error?

There are no plans to change the way dev containers are used in the old extensions, as we are redesigning and addressing a lot of feedback we had in the new experimental version.

Best Regards,

Hi @SJ_BHD !

Do you have any updates regarding this topic?

Best regards,