Toradex board is not going to recovery mode

Hello Toradex Team,

I am using Apalis iMX8QM 4GB WB IT SOM with Ixora V1.2A carrier board,

I was tried to flash yocto image using sd-card with recovery mode and I was able to flash 3 -4 time.
After that board is not going to recovery mode

Can anyone suggest the solution for this issue?

Thanks in Advanced

Greetings @rathom3,

Just to clarify you are using the method of shorting pins to put the hardware into recovery mode, correct? Method described here: iMX Recovery Mode | Toradex Developer Center

Also is the issue with putting the system into recovery mode or with loading Easy Installer?

Finally, when you say the hardware is not going into recovery mode what exactly is happening? Is the system just booting into the image?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hello @jeremias.tx ,

Qus : Just to clarify you are using the method of shorting pins to put the hardware into recovery mode
Ans : yes, by shorting pins to put hardware in recovery mode,

Qus : Also is the issue with putting the system into recovery mode or with loading Easy Installer?
Ans : For loading easy Installer, I need to put device in recovery mode

Qus: Finally, when you say the hardware is not going into recovery mode what exactly is happening? Is the system just booting into the image?
Ans : While hardware not going to recovery mode System just booting into the image.

Or any other Way for installing or Loading Easy Installer.

Thanks,

Hi @rathom3

These two things often caused problems for me:

1. Remove any USB cables from the lower connector X8
    (This is also a little bit hidden in the instructions you referenced above )

2. Use a different USB cable to connect the OTG port to the PC and/or connect the board directly to the PC, do not use a USB Hub or else.
    I experienced some problems when using an USB Hub to connect the board.

I hope this helps you.
Best,
Thorbjörn

Hello @n11ThoMumme ,

I used same cable with other device, it is working in other SOM and carrier board and it is going in recovery mode.

Thanks

I used same cable with other device, it is working in other SOM and carrier board and it is going in recovery mode.

Wait are you saying that you can put other modules into recovery mode and the issue is just with a single specific module?

If I understand that right, is there anything unique about this module? Is minor hardware damage possible?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Qus : Wait are you saying that you can put other modules into recovery mode and the issue is just with a single specific module?
Ans : Yes i am able to put other device in Recovery mode, issue is specific to one device.

Qus : If I understand that right, is there anything unique about this module? Is minor hardware damage possible?
Ans : i am not sure about hardware issue.

Thanks

Given that you can put other modules into recovery mode just fine, I suspect some kind of hardware issue or something of the sorts. Otherwise there’s no reason this module should behave differently here.

At least this is my assumption, unless there’s something different about this module.

I would recommend possibly submitting this module for an RMA/replacement.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi @rathom3 ,
Please submit RMA form from here