ToolsMsmCA (Error): Setup pacakge issue: Xml File not found

Hi,

I created an SDK using WinCE 7 for smart device application.But while installing the SDK i got the following error

“ToolsMsmCA (Error): Setup pacakge issue: Xml File not found” .Can you please suggest some solution ?

Regards,

Shantanu K. Pradhan

Does this happen also with the SDK we provide?

Make sure you have VS2008 installed. This issue sometimes also happens in case you have installed VS2010 after you have installed VS2008. One possible solution could be to uninstall both VS versions as well as the SDK. After that Install VS2008, the SDK and then VS2010.

@Sh_Kumar_Pradhan: When you report any issue or question, please provide some more details about your setup, specially which modules you are using.

Hi Samuel,
I have installed visual studio 2008 +service pack 1.and then i installed WinCE 7 which also installs platform builder.Using platform builder i created one X86 Os Design Project and later i created a SDK. But while installing the SDK that i have created it is giving me this error.

“ToolsMsmCA (Error): Setup pacakge issue: Xml File not found” at the end of installation…
pls let me know if you need some more details…

Regards,
Shantanu K. Pradhan

No it doesnot happen with your SDK. One more thing is that i have also Visual Studio 2013 professional installed in my PC.Is that creating any problem for me while doing all these stuffs on Visual Studio 2008.

No, having installed them in parallel should not be a problem. How do you build your SDK, which Visual Studio Version are you using? If you build it with VS2005, you have to do a custom installation, and remove the tick for installing the documentation.

Is there any reason you build your own SDK and you do not use our SDK?

Hi Samuel,
Thanks for your respond. SDK that i have created is by using VS 2008 +SP1 and WinCE 7.The SDK is for X86 module so that i can test it in Virtual CEPC 7.No there is no specific reason that i’m creating my own SDK but can you suggest me where to get the sdk for X86 module in Toradex so that i can use and test my application in Virtual CEPC.Because i dont have any other emulator for me to test.

Regards,
Shantanu K. Pradhan

No, sorry, we do not provide any X86 SDKs for CE 7. For evaluating and testing applications we recommend to use directly our platform. Please check once if you find some more help with MS if you don’t get that SDK built properly.