TK1 RNDIS IP Address and DHCP

I’m running a TK1 with Ubuntu and NVIDIA JetPack.

Initially, the Android USB gadget is not configured. Ideally, I want it to be configured by default as an rndis device however I am unsure of how to do this. I can see how this is done in Angstrom but the procedure does not appear to be the same for Ubuntu.

Also, I would like the IP address of the rndis device to be set similar to our Angstrom configuration which uses the following configuration in the rndis.network file:

[Match]
Type=gadget

[Network]
Address=192.168.11.1/24
DHCPServer=yes

Currently, it obtains an auto IPv4 address of 169.254.44.156.

It would appear that Ubuntu doesn’t ever look for the rndis.network file - either that or it needs to be told to look for it, which i’m unsure of.

When I say that, “I want it to be configured by default”, I appreciate that I can do the following:

echo "rndis" | sudo tee /sys/class/android_usb/android0/functions
echo "1" | sudo tee /sys/class/android_usb/android0/enable

But I’d rather the functions and enable to be set automatically for me - not via an auto-run script (although worst-case, a script would be ok)

Such configuration is usually done by various scripts really. However the specifics thereof vary greatly between our official Angstrom/OpenEmbedded/Yocto based BSPs (where BTW all this is taken care of in a module agnostic way) and e.g. NVIDIA’s Ubuntu ARM based L4T. For the later you may find useful information on resp. documentation et al.