The problem still persists on our hardware. After the system has booted up, it completely freezes after a certain time and can no longer be operated when graphics output is activated (not only with rgb output but also with HDMI/DVI output as well).
We’ve done a litte more research on that and found out that the problem persists from kernel 4.9 until 4.19. We could locate the issue is coming from switching from sleep state 0 to sleep state 1 in the menu govenor. Disabling going into state 1 in the menu driver prevents the system from freezing. In connection with the mail from Dmitry Osipenko from the mailing list, I assume that switching the sleep mode on the Colibri is not working properly yet, cause he could not confirm the issue with tegra2 on an Acer A500 tablet.
Furthermore the the cpu is getting very hot in idle state (~46°C), even with going into sleep mode 1 (before system freeze), but i think that is caused by the problem i mentioned above.
I could cause this issue with the following configurations:
- Kernel-Mainline: 4.9, 4.19.6
- Toradex Kernel from toradex_4.19.y branch
- Config: standard tegra_defconfig
- Drivers: tegra nand driver with activated ubi and ubifs driver and graphics driver
- Hardware: Colibri developer board, Iris Carrier Board with device tree from linux-toradex git repositoy
My question is now, if someone can confirm the problem and possibly has an idea to solve the problem?
Greetings Sebastian Lehmann