Switching to apalis IMX6

Dear Sir,
Due to old kernel version because of old drivers for apalis tegra T30 we are considering switching from apalis tegra T30 to apalis IMX6. The first question is when kernel 4.1.2 in image 2.7 will be finally released and ready for production deployment (is it still in beta mode)? Another question is if IMX 6 has better support than tegra in mainstream kernel, so I can use mainstream kernel with all drivers for all devices on apalis included? And the last one question is what is your overall thought about these 2 modules? Leaving paper documentation which one is better for what purpose?

Due to old kernel version because of old drivers for apalis tegra T30 we are considering switching from apalis tegra T30 to apalis IMX6. The first question is when kernel 4.1.2 in image 2.7 will be finally released and ready for production deployment (is it still in beta mode)?

It will eventually be released as a stable version ready for production but whether that will happen with the Q1 2017 release or not depends on the progress of our ongoing validation & verification as well as customer feedback on the beta versions.

Another question is if IMX 6 has better support than tegra in mainstream kernel, so I can use mainstream kernel with all drivers for all devices on apalis included?

I guess you are talking about mainline rather than mainstream. Given a somewhat official community being behind even the downstream version we are now using and many more people actually contributing to i.MX 6 in mainline one could say so.

That said while one may run later Yocto or even mainline kernels on i.MX 6 and/or even our Apalis iMX6 detailed feature availability may vary.

And the last one question is what is your overall thought about these 2 modules? Leaving paper documentation which one is better for what purpose?

I guess that very much depends on resp. requirements. While the Apalis T30 is probably higher performance especially when it comes down to graphics or PCIe the Apalis iMX6 has a much broader support base.