We are planning to use the Tianma TM030LDHT1 TFT display which has a 18-bit RGB Parallel 8080 interface. Is this type of displays supported in your WinCE7 BSP ?
We do support the same displays in all WinCe versions, so this does not depend on the fact whether you are using WinCE 6 or 7.
I had a quick look at the datasheet of the TM030LDHT1 display.
I am pretty confident that this display can be properly controlled by the Colibri iMX7 module. There are two three doubts that I would recommend you to clarify before choosing this display:
- The electrical characteristics of the display say, that the maximum supply voltage is 3.3V. Due to tolerances, the signal voltage generated by the Colibri module can be slightly above 3.3V.
I don’t think this will create any issues in reality. However, it might be out of the display specifications.
- The display supports two modes CPU and RGB. The iMX7 only supports the RGB mode, but there is almost no specification about this in the datasheet:
- how to select CPU mode? I assume through the IM0…IM2 pins?
- There is no specification about the display timings in RGB mode in the datasheet.
- Smart displays (with a CPU interface) are often originated in the consumer market. Long-time availability can be an issue.